Counseling services are available for adult and youth survivors of violence regarding the impact of trauma they have experienced. Trauma resulting from domestic and sexual violence, dating violence, and stalking can be challenging to cope with leaving survivors with feelings of fear, anger, shame, guilt, and worthlessness. Supportive counseling provides a safe space for survivors to talk about experiences and recognize the role that trauma has played.
Individual counseling appointments are offered at no charge to clients of Domestic and Sexual Violence by calling (906) 524-7078.
We offer one-on-one visits with survivors to provide emotional support, exploration of feelings, assistance with safety planning and information about options. To talk with an advocate or to make an appointment please call our Help and Support Line at (906) 524-7078.
We offer support group options that are responsive to community needs. Support groups are designed to create a safe environment where survivors who have been affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and dating violence at any point in their lifetime can engage confidentially with advocate/counselors and other survivors affected by these forms of violence. Free child care is provided during groups.
- Directed by our staff counselor or other trained staff, our goal is to facilitate group healing through discussion, support, and empowerment.
- Group Counseling meetings are for both residential and non-residential clients.
- Group Support offers a helpful and safe environment where victims and family members can seek information and healing.
- All discussions in group support meetings are confidential.
- Domestic violence, men, women, and children.
- Alcohol/drug abuse and the role it plays in domestic violence
- The effects of domestic violence on children
- Helping children to cope with the realities of domestic violence
- Empowerment through information and realization
- Strength from within
- Positive parenting
- Budgeting and planning
Please contact (906) 524-7079 for more information, including the dates/times for the Group Counseling Program.
Information about available Domestic Violence Intervention options for the survivor.